X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Datsun 240Z - 1971 Blue Metallic 903 - Resto

Hi,

"Here I go again" like the Whitesnake song says...but this time with a 71 240Z.

Some of you remember me for the LB110 restoration in Mr.Vitorino shop here in Portugal, well, he had a dicease and return to work a month ago the reason for this restoration project is starting now.

I will put some pictures and insert some comments.

The Z, it's a beautiful lady but the previous owner ruined it if we talk about what's original according the year and what's not. This will be a difficult task but I'm prepared for the challenge. My Z is a 71 and it's like a 73...

Yesterday I left the Z with Mr.vitorino and next week the resto will begin.

We've inspected the car and found the usual rust on the model, it's not bad and has excellent mechanic, good for me...Let's see how far I can go returning this Z.

Hope you enjoy the topic.

Now the first pictures...

Regards,
    Mário

Z in Mr.Vitorino shop, last photo before the work...

The last run...

We were making some marks in the panel that should be covered. Perhaps relays and some stuff...lot's of holes...

[img(1000px,749px)]https://s3.postimg.org/vi8fyrd9f/IMG_20170731_154521.jpg[/img]

Mr.Vitorino leading the operation...

The rubbers are completely wasted, I will put new ones. The scutcheons will return to it and the same will happen to the center bumper.
    All the 73 details will disappear...

The spolier and rear is in the wrong colour, I guess it's charcoal...

Some rust, not really important...

On this side of the car I was expecting more rust..,but seems fine for now!!!

I will change the colour to the original one too, charcoal, the same as the rear and rear spoiler

Soon I'll have more pictures...

Good luck for the restoration!!!
    Where are from exactly?

I love this blue paint!!!!
    Moi:
    Datsun 260Z 2+2 1976 rouge peugeot 405 MI16
    Datsun 180B 1977 Grise

Commentaire

Welcome Mario

Nice one
      will follow
      ========================================
      D'un Z qui veut dire...

Commentaire

Salut Mario - already following - love the Porto spec cars !

Commentaire

Hi,

I'll write in english because if I use my french you'll laugh a lot...

Jizial - I'm from Portugal and this blue has a funny story. My Z was grey but the previous owner was a professional soccer player here in Portugal, he used to play on Futebol Clube do Porto (blue colour) so he painted the car in blue...I will paint it in dark blue because it'a an original colour from 71 and this one is from 73. This player crashed in teh middle 90's with the z and they made some restore with 73 specs, now I want to revert it.

Datsun 240Z - Thanks a lot. It will be cool...not a project like my Datsun 1200 that took 3 years but I will make this Z proud in the street!

Sean - Yes, Portugal specs are extremely cool. I'll send you a PM because I've here some stuff to send you.

Commentaire

hey Mario welcome here,..just coming back from your place,...but more south (monte gordo, near by faro)!
            nice car you have,..those 2+2 are the best.
            keep sending some pictures, we like that.

cheers
            ERD
            260 Z 2+2 (la guepe)

Commentaire

Salut Mario, et bienvenue,

je ne maitrise pas la langue Anglaise, mais je trouve ta Z splendide !
              Elle est pas belle la vie ?

Commentaire

Pourquoi 2+2 ? c'est une 240Z.

Commentaire

• gil2clair
                  gil2clair a commenté
                  Modifier le commentaire
                  Ben oui quoi

Wellcome again Mario!
                Nice project on a nice car!
                You think it will be finished end of September? Just because we plan a meeting in Nogaro...
                It would be a nice possibility to meet with some of the french Z fans...

I will follow the subject, and hope all the best for you!

Commentaire

A nice light Blue Z!! good, no better... PERFECT choice !
                  Welcome !!
                  Scorpion93, Sodeskhahhh , 280Z d'origine, 126 000 miles moteur refait a priori il y a 26 000 miles. Pour rappel origine Mercedes

SLK 200K de 2005 (privé)
                  Classe C de 2011 (taff)

Commentaire

Hi everybody!

Thanks a lot for yor feed-back. I’ve got some news and that’s why I’m here again.
                    Last Tuesday I went to Mr.vitorino shop and started do dismantle the Z…honestly I thought it was a dificult task, but it wasn’t…well, only in some little details.
                    The ca ris in excellent shape as photos will show…I guess this car was restored or deep painted some years ago.
                    Next week We’ll have at least one door rebuilt, below the doors and inside need some intervention.
                    Here are some photos…

Rear window acquisition…the car has the horizontal defrost lines and aren’t the correct…I found one vertical and job done…a few years ago I bought one in the USA and came broken…never bought or find anoter one..they are getting rare this days!!!

The beggining…

Door parts ready for the treatment…Nickel plating

Rear floor…not bad!!! I got scared, but fortunately the brown zone is glue…no rust…

Door ready for Mr.Vitorino!

Original floor carpet…but has to be removed!!!

Rear luggage accomodation in excelente shape

And now the surprise…the original blue…It can only be seen on some detailed parts..this is one!

Replacemente tyre floor…not bad…no rust…

The seats will be rédone, but I will only take care of the parts that are completely off…

No plastic cover…but I have 2 here…offered by a mate!!!

Passenger side floor…the usual…46 years and some bad treatment…the reason…the jack tool…but Mr.vitorino said that’s a part to be redone…

Drivers side floor…the usual again…but this one has no concerns…ist’s 75% good…a little intevention. By the end we will apply some Soundproofing board to avoid rust and noise.

My helper keeping all the bolts in place!

Under the plate no surprises!!!!

Datsun logo temporarily off…

In my opinion this s the exact moment to restore the car…it has some details that need intervention, and now that he has no rust holes and unrestorable parts the process will be much easier.

Hope you like it…next week some more news!!!

grapataz - The car is a 240Z not a 260Z 2+2 - Monte gordr is excellent to spend some holidays...you were near 6 Datsun 240Z in Faro...ehehehe...next time you came to Portugal text me!

gil2clair - No problem...the images will show the progress!!!

hub280ZX - I don´t think so. Perhaps February or March next year! Depends on the work at the painting shop. Metal work will be fast I suppose...next year we manage it!!!

Scorpion93 - I really like the actual blue...but the original will let the Z original...that's the reason!

Regards
                    Mário

Commentaire

Mario,
                      will do call you next time, no problem.
                      keep going sending us pictures.

ERD
                      260 Z 2+2 (la guepe)

Commentaire

Hi again.

On the last two weeks Mr.Vitorino worked on other projects and on the last days he worked in the Z.

He started with the doors, and at first they seem in pretty nice shape...but then he found some clues on bad reparations years ago. With this he decided to separate the door panel from the structure and he was right, they need some intervetion. Tons of rust and event the protetion layer was completely cracked.

This week I hope he finishes at least one door, because on Thursday I'm going to the shop.

Meanwhile, the electric system was rebuilt and is now tunned for 1971, I'm talking about the rear plate lights.

Let's see the pictures,,,and like I said...this was the correct moment for this Z...

The interior as Mr. Vitorino suspected...passenger door.

Drivers door with the same aspect...

And based in this suspections we have decided to make a full reparation of the doors. Next photos are from the passenger door. Door panel and interior panel removed.
                        I believe these were the worst parts of this car, and I'm aware of the rust on the front and rear arches and I think I'll be lucky.

grapatax: I'll continue sending photos for shure! Hope you like them!!!

Hope you are enjoying this resto...next week some more news!

Regards

Mário

Commentaire

Mario,
                          of course we like that,..keep going, keep sending pictures!
                          ERD
                          260 Z 2+2 (la guepe)

Commentaire

Wow!! Full restoration!!
                            Moi:
                            Datsun 260Z 2+2 1976 rouge peugeot 405 MI16
                            Datsun 180B 1977 Grise

Commentaire

• Scorpion93
                              Scorpion93 a commenté
                              Modifier le commentaire
                              moi je dis tjs... y a des fous ! mais heureusement !!
                          Chargement...
                          X